As a starter on internet to work, this question comes in every mind: which is better to start : a Youtube channel or a Website. I am not comparing here but definitely give you clear views for both with pros and corns. Both are good platforms at their space. But this comparison creates because of money. You want to earn a lot on internet by working. So this arises.
First and foremost thing to work on internet is to create quality content. As a beginner, if you will run after money through ads only, this will not help to advance your in your career.
Keep in mind: content is king. Quality is appreciated by everyone. Write quality content while making a website. A website should be very useful for each and every visitor. He/she should spend sometime to watch and read your content. Your content should have a power of attraction and guidance to reader. Focus on requirements of readers then write quality content. If you will able to solve problems of people by your material then people will increase visit on your website. Your website will have good traffic and good earning by ads. Traffic matters for every website and channel.
Same applies for a Youtube channel. The creators should follow standards of quality to make videos. If your video’s content is compelling and useful for others, they will watch your other videos. You will get a good place on Youtube and also earn through ads.
Quality and patience matters for both. Now we will discuss about features of both platforms:
- Youtube gives you instant access to large community of viewers.
- Youtube is 3rd largest search engine on internet.
- Your Youtube channel will attract available traffic on Youtube, if your video is worth to watch and people like.
- Youtube will give single ads on your single video.
- You don’t own your channel, Youtube reserves rights to remove/delete your channel/videos in case of violating the terms and conditions.
- Google’s own advertisement provider will be your advertisement providers.
- Now-a-days, Getting google adsense for a new youtube channel is not an easy game. As Youtube has changed rules for adsense in 2018; Your channel should have at least 4000 hours watch time and 1000 subscribers in order to become eligible for ads. It is really hard and time consuming to achieve this milestone. It is my experience. Previously, the threshold was 10,000 views only.
- First advantage is presentation of oneself with website.
- In a channel, you will have an opportunity to get single ad on single video; but here on website, you can show multiple ads on both sides of website.
- website is better way to earn money. On website, You can use show banner and other advertisement of various agencies, you will be not limited to single advertiser.
- Attracting good amount of traffic to website is very tough job and sometimes it takes long time to create good visitor base on site.
- Quality content writing is a big challenge for a person. Because you should have to read others website and content then you will make up your mind to write.
- There are lacs of websites on internet. There may be thousands of site related with your topics, so competition becomes very hard to make good position of site.
- Low visitors on website will not crate good income on ads.
- If you have no knowledge of making website, you have to hire someone to make your website and pay for it.
- The establishment of a website requires enough time of a year or two years.
These are pros and cons of both platform (Youtube Channel and a website). But Both are good on their ends.
we cannot say which one is better. Both are best.
I personally advice to follow both. Make your Youtube channel and also make your website. Both ways will generate more income for you. You can get substantial earning after working 2-3 years. But focus on quality not on quantity. Quality will pay. Quantity can pay but takes lot of time. Enough quantity is required to make visitors busy. You will also enjoy both ways: creating videos and writing contents like me.